A guide for the Boat Buyer
The primary objective of Chart Boat Broker’s enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff is to ensure our customers make an informed decision when identifying and purchasing their dream vessel. As most of our buyers use their vessels for recreational purposes and thus don’t necessarily spend a lot of time on the water, we take it upon ourselves to infuse as much of our boating experience into the buying decision as possible. Below you will find a typical sequence of events culminating in the purchase of your dream boat.
- We will forward to you all relevant information and photos currently in our possession on the boat.
- We will arrange a viewing of the boat.
- We will meet with you to view the boat.
- Should the boat meet your approval, a formal Offer To Purchase document will be completed and presented to the seller. As part of the Offer To Purchase you may wish to include certain suspensive conditions. E.g. 1)You may then wish to employ a surveyor/s to compile suitable reports on the boat’s condition. 2) You may wish to go on a sea trial.
- We will make arrangements with the owner should you require access to the boat by a surveyor.
- We will make arrangements to have the boat slipped if so required.
- We will make arrangements with the owner should you require sea trials.
- On the satisfactory completion of the above a thorough inventory check is conducted onboard the vessel with the buyer.
- Once the terms and conditions of the Offer To Purchase contract have been fulfilled and full and final payment has been made, you will be presented with a Bill of Sale from the owner/s.
- The boat is now yours, the Bill of Sale being proof of purchase/ownership.